Bring Fido: Where You Go, They Go
From the ballpark to the dog park – and with events, patios and destinations that welcome you and your dog with open paws – we have a great selection of pet-friendly options for fun in Northwest Arkansas!
Bring your canine companion to any one of these popular events, and you’re both guaranteed to make a new friend or two!
- Barks & Brews – March 23, 4-7 p.m. – Downtown Rogers Have fun entering your pup in contests for “Cutest Dog,” “I’m so Ugly I’m Cute,” or as a team in best “Dog and Owner Look-Alike.” Featuring craft brews from local pubs, this event benefits Rogers’ animal shelter.
- Dickson Street Pup Crawl – April 27, 2-6 p.m. – Fayetteville Pubs and patios along Fayetteville’s Dickson Street open their doors to four-legged patrons at this event. Bring your doggo and sidle up to an outdoor bar or around a patio table and meet and mingle Dickson Street style.
- Bark Bash 2019 – May 3, 4-8 p.m. – Bentonville This free event brings dog owners and lovers together with local vendors under one woof! Shop pet friendly products and crafts, talk to local rescue and adoption agencies, and socialize with other dogs and their owners.
- 27th Annual DogWood Walk – May 4, 9 a.m. to noon – Fayetteville An action-packed morning at Fayetteville’s beloved Gulley Park! Bring the pups for the family fun walk, demos, photo booth fun, a dunk tank, face painting and more. Proceeds benefit the Humane Society of the Ozarks.
- Bark in the Ballpark – May 5 – Springdale A Northwest Arkansas Naturals baseball game at Arvest Ballpark is fun for everyone, and today your furry friend is welcome, too. Watch as this Double-A Texas League Affiliate of the Kansas City Royals takes on the Midland RockHounds, and enjoy activities especially for baseball-loving pups.
- Jog with a Dog – May 11 – Lake Fayetteville Calling all canines and their humans who like to hit the trail! This 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk circles scenic Lake Fayetteville. Stick around for breakfast, vendor booths and giveaways, too. Proceeds benefit the Animal League of Washington County.
Most cities in the region have dog parks where pets can run free, romp and play off-leash! Plus, dozens of city parks across the region allow dogs, but on a leash. Whichever you decide, please remember that your pup should be socialized and up-to-date on all vaccines.
Bella Vista: K9 Corral Dog Park
*Open to Bella Vista property owners and their guests
15 Glenbarr Lane
Bentonville: Bentonville Bark Park
2400 N. Walton Blvd.
Eureka Springs: Eureka Springs Bark Park
Corner of Grand and Polk Avenues
Fayetteville: IAMS Dog Park
1595 N. Dartmouth Ave. |
4668 S. Lake Wilson Road
Rogers: Murphy Memorial Dog Park
407 E. Nursery Road
Siloam Springs: Tails and Trails Dog Park
Bob Henry Park, 500 W. Benton St.
Springdale: C.L. “Charlie” & Willie George Park
4023 Hylton Road
DOG-FRIENDLY NATURE SITES
Northwest Arkansas has plenty of parks, trails and scenic sites that your dog will love exploring with you. Some have pet-friendly paths or areas, but most require that your pet be on a leash. Here are just a few:
War Eagle Cavern – Rogers, Beaver Lake |
Devil’s Den State Park – South Fayetteville, West Fork |
Hobbs State Park & Conservation Area – Rogers, Beaver Lake |
Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park – Prairie Grove |
Withrow Springs State Park – Huntsville
Area Farmers Markets
- Take your fur-baby for a stroll at a local farmers market where activities often include live music, entertainment and animal shelter booths. For details about farmers markets in the region, see the listing in our Spring Bucket List blog.
Eateries with Patios
- A number of restaurants with patios would love to serve you and your furry friends. For listings, visit the individual Destination Cities pages at NorthwestArkansas.org and look for the restaurants/dining listings.
Keep In The Know
Want to stay up-to-date on all of the fun things to do and places to see in Northwest Arkansas? It’s easy – just subscribe to our quarterly NWA Tourism e-newsletter and we’ll add you to the list!
Click here to request regional trip-planning information including guidebooks from our 10 city partners.
Click here to view or request a copy of the official 2019 Northwest Arkansas Visitors Guide!